Blog background

Sunday, February 19, 2012

4 nights in a row!

Valentines week was a great one for me!  I love being a stay at home mom and with my kiddos, but a girl has to get out every once in a while!  The week of Valentines was that week for me!  After Al had dinner plans on Tuesday night, I ended up having a meeting on Wednesday night, a girls night on Thursday, Al and I had date night on Friday and his mom's 65th birthday party on Saturday.  Count them - 4 nights of not putting kids to bed - WOOHOO!!!!

Wednesday night I had a meeting at Park Cities Baptist (more to come in a later post as to why) and was able to have dinner with some collegues of mine - it was so good to catch up!

Thursday, my Hometeam girls had dinner at Winewood in Grapevine.  It is a must try.  Their grilled shrimp salad is TO DIE FOR!

Friday night Al and I had a birthday party for Paige Chennault and her husband.  It was so fun and I felt like a grown-up!  Before dinner Al took me to Charlie Palmer restaurant at The Joule Hotel.  It was so good and nice to have a quiet dinner with Al - talking, drinking good wine, etc.  The cocktails were not great (just a side note, and only our opinion!).  At Paige's party, she launched her new non-profit organization The Birthday Party Project.  I am so proud of her and her ability to look beyond herself to meet the needs of others - I wish I was better at that.

Saturday night we celebrated Leah's 65th birthday at Reata in Fort Worth.  After being out for 3 late nights, I wasn't able to stay up and party too much, but we did have fun!  After dinner we met up with George and Lindsey and it was great to see them, as always

I don't have many pictures but here are the ones I do have from Saturday...


Me and Jane before she left for Billy Bob's - I missed my dinner buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment