I think this is the first time I have stuck with something for an entire year! 12 updates in 12 months. They might be a week or so late, but they have all arrived. I am going to pat myself on the back for a brief moment! Okay - if I spend too much time doing that my 5 year old will start needing something and the twins will wake up from their nap :)
Since the babies are now 12 months old, I am going to officially say it... "Where has the time gone"? Weren't they just 6 lbs and 5 lbs 12 oz just yesterday? Since I gushed on and on already about me and my emotions last week, I will jump into the babies (since that is what you wanted to hear about anyway!)
My little Lukey! This boy loves him some mama! I might complain about it a little but who wouldn't want to be the light of his little guys world? I know too soon he will be 15 and not think I am cool at all, so I will take it at a year! Luke has finished his first year with 6 teeth (although I think they were all in last month) and after a rocky start to the month with a sinus infection, he is healthy and happy. This one is all male because when he isn't healthy he is as grumpy as can be! He and Molly have races all the time as to who is the fastest crawler - they both want the title! Luke loves to pull up and stand and play. He has absolutely no interest in standing on his own or walking. I mean, no interest. Such a contrast to to Molly. Luke is eating like a champ and although he doesn't like fruit, grits or cheese, there isn't much else he opposes.
Luke is starting to love a little giraffe blankie that had been given to Ely (who never used it). I have looked it up to purchase a back up giraffe but it is no longer being made and is listed on Ebay for $85. I am planning to just keep up with the one we have! He still loves to sleep with a paci but isn't overly attached. We won't try to drop the paci until after the family ski trip next month, no need to put the entire family through that! Although, I want to get rid of it before he can ask for it! We don't have first words yet, but he is my talker - babbles all the time! He will let you know when he is not happy by very loud grunts and squeals. He also loves to play with small toys - putting toys in and out of boxes is his favorite thing. He is really working on his fine motor skills!
Luke's stats:
Height: 28.5 (12%)
Weight: 19lb 8oz (7%)
Good Golly Miss Molly!
Oh Molly. From such a fussy newborn to a giggly happy baby. I am so glad she is ours! Molly has stolen her daddy's heart and won't give it back! Molly now has enough hair for teeny, tiny bows to clip on - I love it! You will see from her stats below, she is still little bity. One day she will grow but not yet. As long as she can wear the clothes I picked out to match Luke at the same time he is wearing his, I couldn't be happier! Molly is on the move. She loves to pull up and stand without holding onto anything. She will walk with a push toy or holding your hands. I know she will be my first walker and maybe that will spur Luke on! Molly got her first dolls for her birthday and maybe she will love them soon! Molly really isn't attached to any toy or blankie yet. I am wondering if that will happen in the next couple of months or if she just won't need anything! Her favorite toy is a book. She loves them and will play with them for a while. Maybe she will be a book worn - who knows! She does love to dance and listen to music.
Molly has the same teeth as Luke - 4 on top and 2 on bottom. Boy are they going to look like big people when they get more teeth in! Molly, like Luke, loves food. It is funny, she won't eat "big people" oatmeal but will eat most everything else -except fruit of course. They will eat fruit as baby food or fruit flavored stuff -just not the actual fruit - weird! As much as she eats, she still is tiny....
Molly's Stats:
Height: 27 1/2 (8%)
Weight: 17lb (2%)
The week leading up to their birthday we ran out of formula and gave milk a try. They loved it and haven't looked back. Also, when we finished the formula, we tried to give up the last bottle (the night one). I was amazed how easy that night was - and every night since. They forgot all about the bottle in exchange for a little book reading and rocking before laying down. It is a sweet time for me and the babies. I know I need to let Al put them to bed sometimes to not get too attached to me, but I love that time with them. After we read 2 or 3 books, I turn off the lights with the babies in my lap and we just rock and rock. They are so still and quiet - it is wonderful. I love not having bottles cluttering my counter or dishwasher (or both). I was not sad about giving up the bottle at all. We are looking forward to being able to travel and not have to worry about packing it all up - I just eliminated a whole bag of traveling stuff!!
The babies love to play with each other -and steal from each other and make the other cry! It is totally 50/50 so I don't feel so bad for one of them! They love Weebles and cars and anything with wheels. We had such a mild weather month that we spent a lot of time outdoors and enjoyed their new push cars Maw Maw and Grandpa gave them.
The Lord has been so faithful over the last year - really 21 months with my entire pregnancy included. A short list of worries and His resolutions...
- I wasn't able to get pregnant on our own - God blessed us with twins after just 1 IVF
- Concerned with being able to carry babies full term - delivered healthy twins at 37 weeks with absolutely no complications!
- Luke wasn't eating well in the hospital - he started sucking well in just a couple of days
- Molly wouldn't eat well consistently - by 3 months she started eating well and regularly
- I needed good nights rest - babies started sleeping 12 hours a night at 11 weeks (Luke) and 12 weeks (Molly)
- I was so worried that Al would not ever bond with Molly because she was so fussy - She now has him wrapped around her little finger!
- Around 9 months we realized Molly wasn't babbling or saying a lot of sounds. I thought she had a hearing problem. At 10 months she started babbling and talking!
- Luke started getting super fussy in late December and early January. He also stopped eating solid foods - After being diagnosed with a sinus infection (that he probably had for weeks and weeks) he was back to his old smiling self and eating again
- Al and I were pretty disconnected for most of the year. Living in the same house but not interacting other than what was with the babies - We have carved out time for each other and date nights (and we still like each other!)
Here is the last year month by month - my how we have grown! Thank you for caring enough for my babies to read these updates!
2 weeks
1 month
2 months
3 months
4 months
5 months
6 months
7 months
8 months
9 Months
10 Months
11 months



No comments:
Post a Comment