Blog background

Saturday, October 8, 2011

I heart October!

Once August hits, I start longing for the fall - football season, cool weather, the Texas State Fair, pumpkins, sweaters, pumpkin patches, trees with beautiful colored leaves, Thanksgiving.  It is now 8 days into October and I am home (in Alabama) and it feels like the fall. I love it!

We don't quite have the cooler weather, but college football is in full swing.  We have been lucky to be in town for the 1st game and we are anxiously awaiting the Auburn v Florida game next week when we will once again be in the Loveliest Village on the Plains.

This week we have gotten to enjoy a couple of our favorite fall activities - pumpkins patches and the State Fair of Texas.  Ely enjoyed a quick field trip to Hall's pumpkin patch on Tuesday.  I wasn't able to go with him but we will be sure to go as a family in the coming weeks.  Ely got to pick out a pumpkin to bring home and we had our first pumpkin carving of the year.  It was late and I didn't pull out the camera but it was a huge pumpkin carving success.  I just hope it isn't mush by the time we get back to Colleyville.

Wednesday was a crazy day filled with picking mom up at the airport, going to Bible Study, running errands and heading back to church for our evening marriage class.  In the mix of all that, Al and I squeezed in a quick trip to the Fair with Ely.  It was a joy as always - Fletchers Corny Dogs, the auto show, dogs shows, petting zoo, Midway games, tornado taters and the grand finale - the Ferris Wheel.

The only mishap of the day was when I decided to have a cotton candy cone - big mistake.  About every 3 years I have some and I feel horrible after.  I will wait a while longer before having that again!



We take this picture every year

He belongs to me - loves a Fletchers Corny Dog!



Ely's new friends he won at the Midway


On top of the Ferris Wheel - you feel like you are on top of the world!

After the race today, Ashley and her boys and our crazy train headed to Old Baker Farm for Ely's second pumpkin patch of the year.  Ashley and her family has been going each fall for years and I have always wanted to go with them.  This year it finally worked out.  It is so cool because when you go out to the pumpkin patch it is actually a pumpkin patch (in Dallas they are all pumpkins just brought in to a large field).  I think Ely loved the experience.  There was also animals, hay maze, hay mountains to climb, cotton pin to play in, horseback riding, and a western shoot out reenactment.  The babies had a great time being outside.  














The only thing that would make this trip better, would be if the weather was a touch cooler with a nip in the air.  I have bought a new sweater just so I am prepared!

Last but not least - Happy Birthday, Shelley!  I hope you have a great day and an even better year!

No comments:

Post a Comment