We are in my favorite time of babyhood - I think this is my favorite month so far, but I thought the same thing of 6 and 7 as well! The babies are doing great and are in that wonderful exploring phase where everything is brand new and fun. The month has been relatively quiet spending a lot of time in town. With the cooler weather, we are getting out for more walks, play time outside and time in the park. Both babies love to swing and just to be outdoors. The babies still love being together - which I love to see! They love to steal each others toys and pacis. Actually, Molly will steal Luke's paci - she won't take one except when she wants his. She doesn't even suck it - just chews on it!
Lets see for milestones -
- Both Molly and Luke have 2 teeth each. They are bottom front teeth and so cute. Molly will show hers off but Luke will do everything he can to not show you his pearly whites!
- Playpen time is still going well and they are able to play together for longer periods of time
- Luke is wanting to crawl so bad (he has taken 2 "crawling steps" so I think we will have at least one crawler by 9 months
- Baby food is still going well. I probably need to start with some new food but I am pretty stuck on green beans, sweet peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, apple sauce, pears, peaches and bananas. I think I could start finger foods but will wait until my 9 month appointment with the pediatrician.
- We had our first sickness - both got the stomach bug about a week ago and we are thankful to be over it!
- Although they are not rolly poly babies, they both learned to roll from stomach to back a while back. I hardly ever see them roll during the day. But I checked on Molly a couple of times after she went to bed last night and she had rolled from her stomach to her back and then I checked on her again and she had rolled back to her stomach.
Daily Schedule:
7am - wake up and play in crib
7:30am - bottle time
8:15am - cereal and fruit
9:30 - 11:00 - nap
11:30 - lunch (veggie and fruit)
2ish - bottle
2:30 - 4ish - nap
5pm - dinner (veggie and fruit)
6pm - bath time
7pm - bottle and bed
Molly is getting sweeter and sweeter by the day - it is really amazing since she was such the "vocal" one as an infant. She loves to stand up and can pull up on me whenever she wants. She hasn't tried to pull up on furniture yet, but I think it is coming soon. She might pull up before she crawls! Molly loves to sleep on her back, but she doesn't like it if you lay her down that way. She prefers to roll herself right over - too funny!. She has a "fro" hair style these days as her hair sticks up all over. I can't wait to be able to put bows in her hair but it is still a while away. I am learning how to dress a girl - I was told that in the fall/winter I should have a shirt on under jumpers, even if it is real hot (I learned this after the 8 month pictures!).
Luke is starting to come into his own personality as well - he certainly is the jealous one. He gets his feelings hurt if I pick up Molly and not him. He also is starting to show some separation anxiety if I leave the room - mind you, I still leave and he typically will stop crying in about a minute. He is still probably 3 pounds heavier than Molly and is all boy. He will be our first crawler and is first proud of himself and then gets very frustrated that he hasn't mastered it yet! Lukey is still a belly sleeper.
As a wrap up - 8 months has been more of just wonderful. Babies are growing and developing beautifully and we are enjoying every day with them. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful little ones in my life. Thank you Al for making it possible for me to be home with them every day. I don't want to be anywhere else!
No comments:
Post a Comment