Blog background

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Auburn Tiger Cubs

One of the things I start planning, almost at the time I find out I am pregnant, is when the baby(ies) will be able to go to their first Auburn football game.  I thought it was going to be the first game of the season, but when Al decided not to go and it was about 100F, I opted to tailgate only.  To my surprise, it worked out that Luke and Molly were able to go to the Florida game during our trip to Alabama earlier this month.  After a beautiful morning and early afternoon of tailgating and a nap at mom's condo, the babies were in prime condition to go to Jordan-Hare Stadium.  It was wonderful!

I knew we wouldn't see much of the game, but all I really cared about watching was the band's entrance into the stadium and the first part of the game.  We ended up staying until the 2nd quarter and we had a great time.  The babies were fully engaged in all that was going on around them.  Auburn has meant so much to me, Al and our families that we have wanted to expose our children to it as early as possible.  We are looking forward to many more years of family time in Auburn and watching our Tigers.  

To make the day even more special, we were able to tailgate with the Wherry and Davis families.  I need to find pictures of them :)

At tailgate before game 
Ely, Anna Beth and Haisten

We decided to let Katie babysit the twins!

For her first tailgate since 1999, mom did a great job hosting!

Our first family game picture!

Daddy and his boys

Sunset on the Plains

1 comment:

  1. You rock, football mom! Love the pictures! We can't wait to see ALL of you and catch up on Friday. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete