Blog background

Monday, September 12, 2011

7 months (and a week or so!)

Well, I haven't been this late on my monthly twins update, but it has been a full month of change for the littlest Amersons.
7 months and 1 week
At 6 months and 3 weeks, I took Molly and Luke to their 6 month check-ups. Their 4 shots were not fun but the weigh-in was the highlight as always. Both babies are growing and developing right on track.

Luke gained over 3 pounds since his 4 month check and weighs in at 16lbs, 12oz (25%)
Molly is still petit at only 13lb 4 oz (5%).

Everyday both kids are more fun. They spend more time playing and less time fussing. They still take two naps each day - one is typically longer than the other but I can typically get 2 hours out of them at least once a day. We are having to make adjustments to their schedule with Ely's preschool drop off and pick up but they are adjusting fairly well.

We are in full swing with solid foods. I am still making most of it and it really has been good for all of us. They like sweet potatoes and bananas the best. They are also eating green beans, sweet peas, carrots, apples, and peaches. I have branched out and have offered avocado (they hated it) and mango (they loved it). I am about to need to start trying meats and combinations of foods. I have been directed to a great website for ideas.

The best part of this month was seeing the babies continue to play so well together. We have started "playpen" time each day. Sometimes they only last 5 minutes and sometimes it is as long as 15. I am trying to promote independent play (or time that I am not the primary playmate) because I did a real poor job of that with Ely. They still both love the exersaucers and jumperoos. They really do prefer to be together rather than apart.

I will start will our little lady this month...
I can't express how much we are enjoying Molly Marie. She is smiling and laughing up a storm. She has found her voice and loves to use it. She is still the more demanding and likes to be first-to be picked up, fed, get a diaper change,etc. Molly made great strides in just a 2 week time frame of sitting up by herself. She is sitting all the time now and loves her new view of life. I still think that girl is teething but the good Lord only knows when she will actually cut her first tooth. I did decide this month to stop giving her mylanta for her reflux and it seems to be much better since I stopped giving her the medicine. Yea! She is still happiest when being held and having our undivided attention.

Little Lukey boy is our joy. He smiles and laughs easily and is happiest when he isn't alone. Interestingly though, he can play longer by himself than Molly can. Luke's big moment was cutting his first tooth. I first felt it in Alabama and it popped through just yesterday. It is a bottom tooth so I can still enjoy his mostly toothless grin. He is still very laid back but will let you know if he is hungry or tired. I was most shocked when I went to get him from a nap and he was up on all fours rocking back and forth. I think he will be my first crawler but I am hoping it is still a long way off!

As with Ely, neither of the babies seem to care at all about rolling over. They have each done it but neither are roly polies. They can scooch around on their bellies and get to a toy if not too far away.
Luke got himself a bit stuck!
Molly was facing the camera about 3 minutes before this was taken!

Happy 7 months Molly and Luke-we love you!!!  Now it is time to start slowing down because a year is coming too quickly for this mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment