Blog background

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hello Molly and Luke!

I am completely overwhelmed with just how good God is!  We are day 3 into our family of 5 and life is simply idyllic right now.  Certainly things will change once the babies really wake up to the world, but today I can take in the peacefulness of newborn babies.  It is a precious time that I know will too soon be forgotten with endless diapering, feeding, crying, etc! 
Our first family picture

We were not expecting the babies to come until next Wednesday but at my doctors appointment on Thursday, 2/3/11 Dr. Hoffman strongly suggested that Al and I go across the street to Las Colinas Medical Center to have the babies.  God certainly had prepped us as we both felt that the babies would be born that day.  For the record, Dallas was experiencing Day 3 of one of the coldest times in Dallas history.  We had 1-2" of ice on Tuesday, never got out of the teens on Wednesday or Thursday and yesterday, we had about 5" of beautiful white powder. 
View form Hospital on Friday morning

At the doctors appointment, we found nothing was wrong with either baby but all factors indicated that I wouldn't make it to next Wednesday.  In fact, during the c-section, Dr. Hoffman said that my body had started changing and I would have gone into labor on Friday or Saturday.  Had it been Friday, Al and I would have had to battle the 5" of snow to get to the hospital.  God certainly had us in the palm of His hands! 
Right at 12noon, I was taken back for surgery.  I had a wonderful team of doctors and nurses who took excellent care of me and the twins.  I had gotten a bit anxious of the surgery as the nurse and anesthesiologist prepped me but calmed down as soon as Al was brought to me.  The surgery went off without a hitch as Dr. Hoffman took special care to ensure the safe delivery of Molly and Luke.  At 12:38 Luke was born and Molly followed shortly after, in the same minute!  I swear, there is nothing sweeter than the sound of a baby's cry as soon as they arrive.  We were lucky to hear it twice!!

Stats: 
Luke: 5lb 12oz  and length - 18 1/2"
Molly: 6 lbs and length -  17 1/2"
Luke Donald

Molly Marie

I feel like the recovery is already better than with  Ely but we still have a long way to go!  Al was able to be with me most of my time in recovery.  He started juggling responsibilities going between me and the nursery checking on all of us. 

Al had taken Ely to his mom's house early on Thursday morning before my appointment and Leah brought Ely to the hospital while I was in recovery.  He was so excited to see me and the babies.  Once I was brought into my room, he was a bit more hesitant.  After a few minutes of warming up to me and the babies, he was ready to sit with  me and look at each of them.  It is wonderful to be a family of 5.  
Scott, Jane, Emily and Grant braved the icy roads and came to see us on Thursday afternoon.  It was wonderful to have family surrounding us!  Ely spent the night Thursday and all day Friday with them so that they could entertain our precious 4 year old and keep him entertained while Al and I got acquainted with the babies - thank you so much for giving us that time! 
Friday was a wonderful, quiet day as Al and I spent it watching the snow cover the streets and buildings while we snuggled with the babies all day.  Since this doesn't happen often in Dallas, it was an amazing setting as we bonded with the babies.  It was one of the most peaceful days I have had in a long time.  
Mom was able to change her flight, originally scheduled for Monday, to Friday night.  Even with the snow, and all of the airport delays, she was only 30 minutes delayed.  Al and mom came straight to the hospital so that she could meet her two newest grandbabies. 
Saturday has been a bit busier.  Both babies passed their hearing test first thing this morning and they have had wonderful check ups by the pediatrician.  Luke is still 5lb 12oz but Molly has lost a bit and is now the same weight as her brother.  Leah came back to spend mot of the day with us, Scott and Grant brought Ely to visit his brother and sister.  After Al took them to lunch, he took Ely back to the house for nap and play time.  Ely and Al had some much needed daddy/son time together.  They came back to the hospital refreshed and ready to hold Molly and Luke.  The pictures below capture what words cannot.  There is already a bond between my children that is so precious it takes my breath away. 
Thank you to all of our visitors that have braved the weather and have come to see us.  We have been blessed with visits from the Sudbecks, Buckmasters, Ratliffs, Smouses, and Vickers (well; their better half) to welcome Molly and Luke into the world.  I am never shy to tell people that our friends are our family we were lucky enough to have in Dallas.  Thank you for being a part of this special time for the Amersons (who would have ever thought we would be a family of 5!)
Maw Maw (twins) with Luke and Molly

Sudbecks

Uncle Scott, Nanny Jane, Emily and Grant

The Ratliffs

Lindsey Buckmaster

Lindsey and Lisa Iriarte

Smouses

Brooke Lopez and Elena

The Cheatams

Christian

Grammy with her grandbabies!
Some of my favorite moments from their first few days!







1 comment:

  1. Stacy, thanks for posting! I feel like we were right there with you since the delivery :) We are so excited to meet them this week and I know you are glad to be home and getting settled in. Let me know if there is anything you need in the coming days and weeks! Congrats on the arrival of your sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete