Blog background

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Time sure does fly...

It is hard to believe that Molly and Luke are 2 1/2 weeks old already.  To say the last 2 weeks have flown by would be a bit of an understatement.  I truly don't know what we would have done without mom here.  I know I would be much more tired (more than I already am) and Al wouldn't know what hit him!!  We have had some wonderful visitors...including Aunt Ashley from Birmingham.  She was able to come for the weekend and it was great to have her.

Our highlights of the last 2 weeks....

*1st Sponge baths...Molly likes them more than Luke does.  I am hoping that full baths are enjoyed by both later this week


*Aunt Ashley's visit...the weather was beautiful - Mom and Ashley took the babies for a walk in the Baby Bijorns!

Aunt Ashley with Molly before a walk
Grammy with Luke

We love you Aunt Ashley!

*1st family trip to the park



*1st holiday - Valentines... Ely celebrated with a dance and tea party at school (he has the Haisten moves!)
At the tea party before the dance - his crazy moves prevented a good dance picture!

*Celebrated Leah's birthday
*I figured out how to feed both babies at the same time - I am getting better with practice each time.
*Spent plenty of time holding and loving babies!


Today we had Molly and Luke's 2 week check up (5 days late) and both babies had great reports. 
Waiting on the doctors appointment - sporting H&M outfits brought to us by Joanna from London!
Luke: 6lbs, 8oz; 20" tall
Molly: 6lbs, 13oz; 19 1/2" tall
*these measurements show that Luke grew 1 1/2" and Molly 2" since birth.  I think that either the birth or the current measurement is not accurate but we will go from here :)  Below are their 2 week pictures.




Mom left for 3 days this last weekend and Leah helped out in her absense.  It is great to have as many hands helping as I can get.  We also had Scott, Jane, Grant and Emily visit this weekend and Monday - it is wonderful to have family so close! 
Jane and Emily came by for a visit on Presidents Day.  It was great to see them!

The next few weeks will be spent at home enjoying the beautiful spring-like weather.  We have mom in Dallas until end of March and are loving every bit of her being here!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted an update! I have been thinking about you all and been wanting to know how things are going!! Can't wait to see you this Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been waiting for an update! Love the new pictures. Wish I didn't have to wait so long to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE! They are so precious. Can't wait to snuggle the babies next week. :)

    ReplyDelete