Blog background

Friday, January 21, 2011

What a way to start 2011...

At 8 months pregnant I was not exactly up for a wild New Years Eve. We were able to have a wonderful dinner with our dear friends, the Sudbecks. Ely loves hanging out with Ava so everyone had a great time. I was proud of myself for being awake when the clock struck midnight...it was quite an accomplishment for me!

New Years day was rather lazy and filled with a lot of football! Al was grateful that I didn't have the energy to cook our traditional New Years Day meal that includes cabbage and black-eyed peas. We had a great time watching TCU win the Rose Bowl with Lindsey and George.

Now, after that is when the real excitement started! On Thursday, January 6th my mom flew into town in time to meet me at my doctors appointment. She was able to see the babies at the sonogram. Dr. Hoffman sent me home and told me not to return to work. I am thankful that my replacement had been hired and trained and that my wonderful "work church" has me all setup to work 100% from home.

Mom was busy all weekend slaving in the kitchen. She graciously made and froze about 20 meals that we will enjoy over the next 6 months. Saturday we got out of the house and went to a wonderful baby shower. Missy, Carly, and Amy were so sweet to host a shower for me. It was perfect to celebrate the twins' arrival with my dear HomeTeam friends.
Mom made Luke and Molly's coming home outfits as she has done for each of her grandchildren... precious!

My wonderful HomeTeam girls

Thank you Amy, Miss and Carly for a wonderful shower!

Sunday, the real fun started for Al, Ely and mom. They left DFW for Glendale,AZ and the BCS National Championship (Al will always be grateful to my OB for letting him travel to the game and leave me all alone!). They met up with my aunt, uncle, 2 brothers in law, and the manager of Toomers and his wife for this fantastic experience. What a trip they had! They took in all the festivities and Ely has never stayed up so late nor skipped so many naps. He must have really been into the actions because, rumor has it, he never whined or complained! Of course the very best part of the trip was that Al and Ely were together to watch Auburn win the National Championship for the first time since the 50's. Al is still talking about what a great trip it was. Thank you, Mom, for making that trip possible for them. I am grateful that Al is so willing to travel with our 4 year old and share special moments with him.
Michael and Michelle (of Toomers), Mom, Mike, Ely and Al

Mom's whole group before the game

Not sure who enjoyed the games more -Al or Ely!

Mom, Ely and Al before the game

Drew and Wes Kelley, Mike Hill, Ely and Al after the win!

WAR EAGLE!  We won 22-19!

Ely Celebrating the big win (note: Ely only posed and didn't partake!)

Luckily, I wasn't alone to watch the game. Sweet Kara Huffman came to watch the game with me (and to make sure I didn't go into labor with all the excitement)! After the game I went out in 30F weather to roll my little Toomers tree. I was glad to have my boys back in Texas on Tuesday night.

Now that the big game has come and gone, we are focused on the arrival of Luke and Molly. Yesterday we had a great doctors appointment. Babies are each measuring 5lb, 7oz and everything looks good. We are still looking towards a Feb. 9th delivery; however, Dr. Hoffman is quick to say there are not any guarantees and the babies could come any time. I just can't wait to meet them!

Our life is about to get crazy and we are enjoying quiet days and nights until then. I only wish I could bottle all of this energy and tap into it once the babies come!

1 comment:

  1. So excited to see the Amersons in the blog world! Great memories for Al and Ely. Can't wait to meet Luke and Molly and have them play with Grayson! PS - Can I borrow your Mom to come fill my freezer?? :)

    ReplyDelete