This fall we are putting up our baseball bats and helmets. It is football time! After a debate between flag football and fall baseball, we, collectively, decided it was time for Ely to join the grid iron! Already it is a lot more intense than baseball/t-ball. We have practices twice a week and will soon start Saturday games. Ely loves it. We are so proud of him - not because he is some great athlete but because he did not know a soul on the team and has jumped right on in full speed ahead. Ely is so comfortable on any playing field. He thrives and is not intimidated or hesitant. I love seeing that about him. I hope that 20 years from now I can look back and say that he has leadership skills that we saw glimpses of at the ripe old age of 6!!
The biggest bonus to this football program is that their first scrimmage game was at Cowboys Stadium. It was super fun watching the little boys on that great big field. Molly and Luke loved it. During the warmups, when the families were allowed on the field, Luke was Ely's little shadow. Molly was a free spirit and just wanted to run. In fact she ran the length of the football field up and back. She has more stamina that I thought to be able to run 200 yds!
There are some drawbacks to not doing baseball this fall. Ok, just one draw back. I miss my mom friends! We have had such a good time at the ball park over the last two years. I don't know the other parents yet on Ely's football team and hope to meet some fun people!
Go Broncos and #7! I think that is their team name!
 |
| Waiting to enter Cowboys stadium |
 |
| I can't help it, that flag football helmet cracks me up! |
 |
| Ely had quite a fan group. Thanks to Scott, Jane, Emily, Grant and Big Al for coming to cheer him on! |
 |
| Ely's first touchdown! |
 |
| Can't wait for his turn! |
No comments:
Post a Comment