Blog background

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Welcome to Summer!!

Summer officially started at 11:45am today! Time has flown since January. The twins have been out of school for two weeks and I haven't lost my mind yet! Shockingly, it has been ok. I am looking forward to having more time with Ely but not looking forward to the endless requests to watch tv or play Wii, iPad or the iPhone!

How did this happen?



I thought it would be fun to have a few friends over to celebrate the first day of summer. What started as a text to 9 kindergarten friends turned into a full on par-tay with 16 kindergarteners and siblings. That would be a grand total of 37 kids ranging from 2 months to 15yrs!!! What a fun day. The party lasted 5 hours and I guarantee at least 90% of those kids who came went to bed without putting up a fight!

We are so blessed to be surrounded by great kids and great families at Heritage Elementary. We couldn't for anything more!

Tomorrow summer will continue with a trip to the gym with some swim time before naps.

Our 16 new 1st Graders!


-Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment