Blog background

Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring has Sprung

Sometime after the ski trip, I went to sleep and then woke up and it was spring already.  I am not sure how it crept up on me, but one day I was packing my new ski coat for a family trip and the next thing I know, I am preparing Easter baskets (last minute, as usual).  This year has flown by and I am thankful for all the pictures that were taken.  I have caught myself looking at some pictures on iPhoto and realize I had totally forgotten about a few fun family days.

A few months ago, a new park opened in Dallas.  It was constructed above a major interstate that runs right through downtown.  Klyde Warren Park is a fun day trip for a family outing.  We went after naps one day just to check it out.  There are a ton of food trucks so that everyone can have what they want for dinner.  The park was busy but not crazy crowded.  Not surprisingly, the kids were entertained with a game of toss and bubble time.  I was not counting on running into some pretty water features.  I think it was Molly and Luke's favorite part.  I had to work hard to keep them dry (but was not overly successful!).  Ely even made a few friends by letting them play catch with him.  I love that he can so easily make friends with kids around his age.  It is such a fun dynamic to watch!








I love this happy boy picture








Everyone was pretty tired by the end and no one wanted to walk back to the car!


Easter was a wonderful day for us.  We worshipped at our church, GracePoint Coppell, with Leah and had a relaxing lunch at home afterwards.  Eggs were dyed several different times over the weeks leading to Easter.  It is one activity that hasn't lost its fun for Ely!




My handsome boys
This is by far the best family picture we have taken so far.  I just love it!






Luke found the coveted Golden Egg

Ely found the Silver Egg but convinced Luke to trade him so that he could have the one with the most money in it!  ($5 I think)  There will only be a few more years where Ely can swindle his siblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment