I guess this is really the theme for our entire summer. After last summer, I was determined to do this one differently. Last year, I was a rookie stay at home mom. The twins were just 4 months when June rolled in and it is safe to say, I was still in a fog. Ely had just started staying home full time and other than a 1 hour weekly story time, we didn't do much outside the house. We spent a lot of time in front of the tv or computer. Ely was antsy, I was frustrated and the poor babies were still trying to figure out this big world around them.
I was determined that 2012 was going to be different. After spending the first month of summer in Alabama, I came back rejuvenated and ready to tackle the weeks ahead. We have been busy the last 6 weeks - old and new splash pads, library play time, swimming, play dates, time with cousins, paradise pond. Yes, there is still tv and wii time each day, it is an after thought rather than the primary activity.
I am thankful for this summer with the kids. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been rosy-there is plenty of tears each day (sometimes my own!). There have been days I have placed a call to Al to ask him to get home as soon as he can and thrust babies into his arms as soon as he gets home. There are days that I want to be anywhere but in my house, but I am thankful they are much fewer than this time last year. I have 4 more weeks before Ely starts kindergarten and 5 weeks until the twins start preschool. I think I might just survive this summer!
 |
| Hollywood! |
 |
| Fun with our Amerson cousins, Jade and Leia Leia |
 |
| I adore this picture |
Paradise Pond
 |
| What - I am just playing with an elephant! |
 |
| We might be a little confused as to which baby gets the bottle! |
 |
| Happy birthday Lisa! |
Amazing Splash Pad pics from Amy K
 |
| When did Molly and Luke get big enough to climb on furniture? |
Movie night with the Kaspars - Mary Poppins. Did you know it is over 2 hours long????
Fun at Home
 |
| Come on, Brother! |
 |
| I just love this pic of Tubby! |
Love all the pictures, Stacy! I love it when mom's admit that motherhood is tough. It's tempting on a blog to make it sound like everyday is roses when in fact it's not. Thanks for the honesty. :)
ReplyDelete