Blog background

Thursday, November 3, 2011

9 months...

It is simply hard to believe the babies are 9 months old.  I was talking to a lady at Target today and she asked how having twins was.  I was able to sum it up by saying... "The first 3 months were near impossible, the next 3 months were better, the last 3 months have been FUN".  I have loved Molly and Luke from Day 1 (2/3/11) but I am now (and have been) at a place where I can honestly say I enjoy them.  I regret that I wasn't able to enjoy them more when they were newborns, but the truth is, I think all the hard stuff is paying off now.  Going places used to be so hard with 2 babies.  I am not sure if it will ever be "easy" to take 2 babies some where but at least it isn't "hard" any more.  I never knew there was so much between "hard" and "easy" but we are there.  Parenting will never be easy so I am thankful for where we are today.

Enough rambling on and not making a bit of sense...

Molly and Luke are official crawlers.
As soon as we returned from Alabama, they starting moving and haven't stopped sense.  Each day they get less frusrated with the learning process and are mastering efficiency and speed.  They often use each other for speed bumps as they don't mind crawling on top of one another, or me.  I think they see me as a human jungle gym and I love it.

We are spending a lot of time in the play room with the ball pit and their toys.  I know they are getting a lot more use out of Ely's baby toys than he ever did.  I am not sure if it is because the light is brighter up there or if it is the toys, or a combination of the two, but we love it up there.

Bath time is the highlight of the day.  They love splashing and playing and it is a great way to end the day. Even the worst/fussiest evenings are made happy with a simple bath.  We are still bathing just every other day for the most part, but it is so much fun.

Luke:
Weight: 18lbs, 12%
Height: 27 3/4", 33%
Luke is cutting his 3rd tooth (the first one on the top).  I think that is why he was so fussy in Alabama.  He is becoming quite the mama's boy and prefers to be right by my side.  He is the most irregular on when he gets up in the morning.  Anywhere from 6 - 7:30.  Most of the time, luckily it is after 7.
Ely says he likes Luke's age because "it is getting closer to when they can fight!"

Molly
Weight: 14lb 13oz (2%)
Height: 26" (8%)
Obviously, Molly is still tiny.  I love her size and she is just precious.  She was not feeling pictures this month so the only time she is smiling was when she was crawling away!  Molly loves crawling around and exploring new things.  We spend a lot more time in the play room and it is where she is totally happy!  Also loves being outside.
Ely says he likes Molly's age because "she is getting ready to play."


Ely now loves to try to pick up the babies.  It scares me to death - I try to stop him but he is typically a little to quick for me!  The babies are still exploring solid foods and trying more finger foods.  

They are such a blessing and we are thankful for a wonderful check up and healthy babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment